JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Relationship Talk (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/)
-   -   Have you ever dated someone from the Internet? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/20530-have-you-ever-dated-someone-internet.html)

Guza 01-07-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzirra (Post 349913)
Yes, i met my husband on a website 4yrs ago, we married 10 days after i arrived from Australia to USA.
We have two cats and he has blue hair.

haha if only it were that easy xP

Godzirra 01-07-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guza (Post 349926)
haha if only it were that easy xP

Well, going through immigration (and still dealing with it, isn't fun)
but ,..........we're still together

i made an 80's montage for you

Suki 01-07-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excessum (Post 347097)
My point is that you can not get to know a person you have never actually met... it doesn't matter how honest or dishonest he is >_<
But i hope that you guys will prove my opinion wrong :)

Right, but when you start going out with someone and much before you get to know the person beyond what you see on the surface, you can feel like you're in love. And honesty matters a lot. I've got friends I have known since childhood and sometimes it still amazes me how umpredictable they can be. You will only get to know someone on the inside if they want you to; you could be talking to a guy you've known for ages and still get the feeling he's a complete stranger to you, and it could go the other way, have a plain conversation with someone you don't know anything about and feel right. So it's really all about what you want from life and who you want to share it with... Maybe that person happens to be the one you've been looking for, would you skip the chance to find out? Would you go for it and see what happens? Would you forget about it all and focus on real life? And that is the level I am stuck at =/

Godzirra, so 10 days were enough for you two to realize you were each other's 'only one'? o.Ô That's sweet ^^

SSJup81 01-08-2008 03:14 AM

I have a difficult time with the whole 'dating over the internet' thing. I guess I'm old-fashioned. I'd rather have someone come up to me and greet me personally, not talk through a computer when he could be lying altogether about pretty much anything. Then again, the same could apply to those offline.

Anyway, I've never dated anyone off of no internet and probably never will. I really don't like the idea of it. Now making friends, I'm cool with, just as long as I meet you in a public place with a lot of people around. I would never meet up with someone alone, for the most part.

rebam 01-08-2008 03:34 AM

i have but i broke up with hm because i found someone else and then i also just didnt really feel the love

Godzirra 01-08-2008 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suki (Post 349995)
Godzirra, so 10 days were enough for you two to realize you were each other's 'only one'? o.Ô That's sweet ^^

Yes, we talked online for two months, and we decided to take a big risk. And we haven't killed each other yet lol i love him very much and do believe he is my soul mates, we have so much in common and from day 1 -- it's like i knew him all my life.

We are prepared for a zombie war too :/

I'm from an Islaimic Background and he is Jewish, people are shocked when we tell them that.

With long distance relationships, you will have to have dedication, (both parties), you will have to be committed to keep it alive and if you really wanted to be together then you'll have to sacrifice a lot of things in your life, and so will they.

I know we did.............oh gosh we did.

Kayci 01-12-2008 02:57 AM

Only one time. It lasted exactly two years. though over half of it was very unhappy. Full of lies, games, and bullshit.

I'm in another LD-relationship, but this time, I knew the person before he went back to japan...
and we're still good, nine months later :]

Commix 01-12-2008 02:01 PM

I can't say i have but i do know someone who has and it didn't turn out as a fairy tale ending, mainly for that person getting hurt.
I've personally thought about it but not sure if i would go ahead with it ecspeically at this moment in time.

Saiga 01-17-2008 06:08 PM

Unfortunately for me I have. I don't even know how it happened exactly..it just did. Man do I regret it now. I wasn't even looking just minding my own business then..BOOM. Well it didn't end well and although I still prefer relationships that are actually face to face those suck too. Or at least they can. In any case in my opinion the net works for some...just not for all like most things in life. For example on one site just for kicks I dated like 5 guys which was dumb but you can't really get caught like you can in real life. Just goes to show you the internet is crazy nowadays.

Katia 01-18-2008 05:52 AM

I had internet relationships and thats how they stayed on the "internet" lol

Although I met up a few years later with a guy I dated online and we still loved each other xD but its just different somehow.

So through my experience internet dating doesn't work. But friendship does! I met with heaps of friends online and we're good friends xD

ciao