(#11 (permalink))
Old
hadron (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to hadron
04-18-2010, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnarowana View Post
My girlfriend is Japanese and she tells me Japanese people, specially male cheat. If not, have other women on the side while they're abroad.

But I think EVERYONE CHEATS! But she tells me Japanese men cheat more so.

True? False? Some truth to this?
hm your question makes me bring some other thoughts

1. Do you realise that the talk like this is even with those fishy magazines (like The Sun) where you got articles like "Ricky Martin submitted he is gay", "80 year woman in Chile has 37 teeth" etc. Simply essential news to know, something you wouldn't make it till other day without

2. How did your girlfriend came to this opinion? Based on what? Did she read the magazine or some kind of government studies of habitat?

3. How does your girlfriend know how much men do cheat abroad? seriously, how much has she been studying this topic :P

4. Do you think your girlfriend told you this so you don't get so surprised when it is revealed she is cheating on you? Is that what makes you scarred? :P or are you actually asking whether she was telling you, that you don't cheat on her enough? haha

5. I really wonder what would be your general conclusion if the answer to that question is "yes, japanese male do cheat more than any other being in the world" . Are you gonna cheat more so you become japanese like man?

sorry i could not stop being funny as the topic is quite jovial and really i am probably going to do a suicide if japanese do more cheating than i do
(#12 (permalink))
Old
WeeFugu (Offline)
JF Regular

04-18-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadron View Post
sorry i could not stop being funny as the topic is quite jovial and really i am probably going to do a suicide if japanese do more cheating than i do
How is cheating jovial? <.<

So you cheat on your partner all the time then do you?

Oh you are the 'man'?

*sigh*
(#13 (permalink))
Old
hadron (Offline)
JF Regular

04-18-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeFugu View Post
How is cheating jovial? <.<

So you cheat on your partner all the time then do you?

Oh you are the 'man'?

*sigh*
my point was that thinking about who is cheating more or less is jovial. cheating is cheating. doesn't matter who you are.

i don't cheat. saying "if japanese do more cheating than i do" was to express low interest in others affairs, as i don't consider it as my business. if i have a wife who cheat on me then i might accept it at certain circumstances or realise the fact she was not the right one for me, and i should have understand our relation and her personality much better before i married her. but i cannot blame someone for his/her sexual appetite. i believe you can identify person by watching their attitudes to some life situations, and so maybe suggest that the person is more likely or unlikely to cheat.

Last edited by hadron : 04-18-2010 at 06:31 PM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
WeeFugu (Offline)
JF Regular

04-18-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadron View Post
my point was that thinking about who is cheating more or less is jovial. cheating is cheating. either you do cheat or you don't. doesn't matter who you are.

i don't cheat. saying "if japanese do more cheating than i do" was to express low interest in others affairs, as i don't consider it as my business. if i have a wife who cheat on me then i might accept it at certain circumstances or realise the fact she was not the right one for me, and i should have understand our relation and her personality much better before i married her. but i cannot blame someone for his/her sexual appetite. i believe you can identify person by watching their attitudes to some life situations, and so maybe suggest that the person is more likely or unlikely to cheat.
I have no idea what you mean, so I will just say... OK!
(#15 (permalink))
Old
hadron (Offline)
JF Regular

04-18-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeFugu View Post
I have no idea what you mean, so I will just say... OK!
oh yeah i changed the context, and one sentence slipped through inappropriately sorry
(#16 (permalink))
Old
TJkills (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to TJkills
blah blah blah -___- - 06-11-2010, 10:14 AM

you were born to do something then thats what your gonna do......theres people who cheat and people who don't........unless since the day you were born you were destined not to cheat....then one day you will.....so don't single out the japanese man because of popular belief......im dominican....and the latino's stereotype for dominican men is that were the biggest cheaters of the latino race.....iv'e cheated.....but not on all girls iv'e dated....3 exactly......but so is my brother and he's never cheated on a girl in his life
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

06-16-2010, 03:41 PM

Without some region specific study claims like this are nothing more than limited personal experience being passed off as conclusive evidence.

Everyone cheats. I'm not saying that every person will always eventually cheat in a relationship. I'm saying that there is no specific group of people that do or don't. That can't be said conclusively.

There's also two important things to consider!

The first is that "cheating" is a term contextual to each specific relationship. Something defined between partners.

The second, and more important of the two, is that human beings are nor naturally monogamous. Very few animals in nature are. When looking at the timeline of human history monogamy has only been around for a very short time in comparison. The actual time periods vary among regions.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

06-16-2010, 06:15 PM

I dont think this applies to a certain race , I'm sure many people have cheated and I'm sure they have a reason for it but cheating always hurts the other person.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Maiirym (Offline)
New to JF

06-16-2010, 09:18 PM

I have to say that for my personal experience, my partner has already cheated on me. He couldn't explain why and said he was just being inconscious or just stupid. Well when I said that I was leaving him, he suddenly changed so much and now I know and believe him that he dosen't do that anymore, even his friends don't recognize him. It's hard to explain, but I guess people can be attracted to others, until they find out the real person they want to be with for the rest of their life. So I can say, yes everyone can be attracted to others, but there's a difference between love and attraction. I don't think it applies to a race or whatever, I think it's just... human in general
(#20 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2010, 12:50 AM

"Without some region specific study claims like this are nothing more than limited personal experience being passed off as conclusive evidence. "

That is how all this stuff should be looked at. I agree with that very much... I also think you'd be hard pressed to find statistics on this stuff as I feel like most poeple would be reluctant to say they've cheated, even if it was anonymous.

It also depends on what you call cheating, as people have pointed out.

Here are some statistics that I found:
Young Japanese views on marriage, children and divorce: part 2 of 3 | 世論 What Japan Thinks
Check out the data at the bottom of the page. It is interesting to note that infidelity, according to this survey, is not the biggest thing a divorce would be considered by.

Secrets to be kept from your Japanese girlfriend | 世論 What Japan Thinks
Take a look at this one-- how about the "I'm still in contact with my ex" and "I've been asked out and gone drinking with a man/woman".

That is just Japanese data, but it's interesing to note that cheating does seem to play a role in a large percent of Japanese peoples' lives-- at least the people surveyed.

This is just my perception of the situation, but I think cheating is in fact quite common in Japan. It doesn't always seem to have the same repercussions as it does in America, either. I have heard of some people getting divorced or separated as a result, though. However, I've even heard quite a few married men casually talking about their cheating with other women, or their relationships with what I guess are basically call girls. Again, from my experience, Japanese men seem to like going out to "snacks" where they get to drink with `sexy` women, often times scantily clad. I suspect most of the time it is just companionship, but in America a lot of what goes on at those places would be considered cheating, I'd think. When you have these girls' phone numbers in your cell phone and you get mail and calls from them regularly, there is a relationship there, and sexual or not I'd count it as like light-cheating. There is certainly a lot of "full flavored" cheating going on too, though... although I suspect most of it is "light".

Most of this is about older people, in their 30's and beyond. Most of the extreme cases I've heard of are in or above their 40's though. Again, it's all just what I've heard about and a little of what I've seen.

Last edited by steven : 06-17-2010 at 12:52 AM.