LinkBack Thread Tools
(#481 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-10-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakari09 View Post
At fist he was like that. We broke up after I told him that my standards were pretty high, so he changed himself. Originally he was raised better, it was just the previous women that he's dated that made him that way. I'm a miracle worker apparently.
Hang on. You said to your BF, that your morals were "Higher" just so he changed himself for you?

That's quite selfish personally. You take a man for what he is, and live with his flaws, or you simply don't be with him.

Unless, ofcourse it's something like he does drugs or he sells them, for example. But you changed a man, because you didn't like him how he was, so you could be with him?

The last girl that did that to me never get my love. And as far as I can tell now, she's still single and all alone.

A relationship is about bonding and adapting to your partners flaws, and their trust.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#482 (permalink))
Old
sakari09 (Offline)
the Ice queen...

Send a message via Yahoo to sakari09
12-10-2008, 03:15 PM

That's kind of what we did. Before I met him I was anti-guys, so in essence, we adapted. He didn't really change himself for me. I kinda' typed that fast. It wasn't really what I meant. Sorry for that.

(#483 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-10-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
At fist he was like that. We broke up after I told him that my standards were pretty high, so he changed himself. Originally he was raised better, it was just the previous women that he's dated that made him that way. I'm a miracle worker apparently.
I actually took this to mean that the guy you're dating is rather desperate to stick around. You broke up with him because your standards are high; perfectly fine. But the guy coming back around changing to suit your personal tastes looks to me that this guy can't get any kind of action anywhere.

The Gumby of men? Not so hot.

Still gotta' agree with Salv though. If a girl I'm with wants me to change myself or what I enjoy doing, she can hit the road.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#484 (permalink))
Old
sakari09 (Offline)
the Ice queen...

Send a message via Yahoo to sakari09
12-10-2008, 06:53 PM

I'm not the best thing around. >.> If he wanted someone else, he could've easily left me, but he liked me too much; that's why he stayed. I guess I said things wrong. Sorry. I didn't mean that we changed each other, but somehow it came out that way. Sorry for misleading you guys.

(#485 (permalink))
Old
tylersangle88 (Offline)
女, im a girl!

Send a message via AIM to tylersangle88 Send a message via MSN to tylersangle88 Send a message via Yahoo to tylersangle88 Send a message via Skype™ to tylersangle88
12-10-2008, 07:46 PM

I have had my heart broken many times but I try not to linger on the past and focus on my future. I am lucky enough to be with a wonderful guy right now but if he decides to break my heart like all the other guys that ive been with then there is nothing I can do about it. I will be crushed and heart broken and it will take me a long time to get over it but I know that in the end that I will be ok. I hope that never happens but if it does then all I can do is cherish the time that I have with him.
(#486 (permalink))
Old
allie2590 (Offline)
I am the White Testament

12-10-2008, 08:33 PM

Mine has been broken and rebroken... several times.
(#487 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
12-10-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdSight View Post
The Gumby of men? Not so hot.
Haha, I wish I had thought of that.

About the adaptation and change, who decides where one starts and the other stops? That seems to almost be a matter of perspective to me. I'm not talking about big things though, perhaps I'm just nit-picking the little ones.
(#488 (permalink))
Old
rebam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-10-2008, 11:37 PM

Quote:
lol well that must feel great to be a miracle!!!

"What do you believe in? 'I believe that whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you stronger'"
(#489 (permalink))
Old
rebam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-10-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersangle88 View Post
I have had my heart broken many times but I try not to linger on the past and focus on my future. I am lucky enough to be with a wonderful guy right now but if he decides to break my heart like all the other guys that ive been with then there is nothing I can do about it. I will be crushed and heart broken and it will take me a long time to get over it but I know that in the end that I will be ok. I hope that never happens but if it does then all I can do is cherish the time that I have with him.
yeah well i hope all goes well for you and ur boyfriend

"What do you believe in? 'I believe that whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you stronger'"
(#490 (permalink))
Old
shojogirl (Offline)
New to JF

12-11-2008, 02:11 AM

Nope! ha! i've never dated anyone before!
but i did have a crush on a few people, but no one now.

in the box above, i joke around alot. don't take everything i say seriosly. sorry for the inconvinience

Vampire Night rules!