JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Site Suggestions (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/site-suggestions/)
-   -   vBulletin upgrade (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/site-suggestions/25406-vbulletin-upgrade.html)

iPhantom 05-25-2009 09:14 AM

vBulletin upgrade

I see JF is using vBulletin 3.6.2! Pretty old, considering vBulletin is up to 3.8

I saw MMM saying the admin might come anytime here so I was suggesting if he can upgrade the forum.

The latest version makes use of social profiles. This might be helpful for flaming not to be all over the forum topics.

Just my thoughts.

But it would still be a of great help to have all the new features.

LucifersCurse 05-25-2009 09:17 AM

you mean like myspace, and other sites?

I'd hit that.:D

iPhantom 05-25-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucifersCurse (Post 721985)
you mean like myspace, and other sites?

I'd hit that.:D

Something like them but more limited. You can comments on people's profiles that's all.

LucifersCurse 05-25-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 721993)
Something like them but more limited. You can comments on people's profiles that's all.

yeah kinda like well i don't think anything else is like that.:D

darksyndrem 05-26-2009 09:48 PM

The newest Vbulletin is very nice...I, personally, love it :)

Quailboy 05-31-2009 06:09 PM

I also would like to see it upgraded..a few of the other forums I'm on have the profile comment section and it can come in handy :]

darksyndrem 06-01-2009 05:19 PM

It may be too much work, but this site could also use a new skin -.-....it needs one....badly lol If anyone wants to check it out I'm pretty sure this forum as the newest vBulliten (maybe not but new than JF)

TheDigitalSet.com

iPhantom 06-01-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksyndrem (Post 726579)
It may be too much work, but this site could also use a new skin -.-....it needs one....badly lol If anyone wants to check it out I'm pretty sure this forum as the newest vBulliten (maybe not but new than JF)

TheDigitalSet.com

I like the current skins a lot more. That site's theme wouldn't suit a Japanese themed forum.

darksyndrem 06-01-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 726612)
I like the current skins a lot more. That site's theme wouldn't suit a Japanese themed forum.

Yeah~I know this. That's one of the newest vBulletins, that's why I posted it. And I was just saying JF could use a new skin, not necessarily that one.

Quailboy 06-01-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksyndrem (Post 726579)

TheDigitalSet.com

I'm with you on a new skin..sure, we could keep the ones we have currently to keep it real but when I'm on forums, considering its mostly text, I want it to look flashy ^_^