View Single Post
(#117 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

05-07-2007, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandayanyan View Post
wow ... I bask in your knowledge ... thank you for the info it is greatly appreciated.

edit: does fifth or heart have a website or info pack ? Googled it but too many matches to sort through.
There is a lot of stuff in this thread to read through. There is a post I made that had tons of links, but for job searches I simply look at O-Hayo Sensei and GaijinPot. Ohayo is the best in my opinion but you will spot some different posts in gaijinpot every now and then.

A lot of these smaller regional companies are not going to have websites, and to the best of my knowledge Fifth and Heart both do not have sites. I don't even think RCS has one, and they are a fairly bigger company.

What I did when I applied last year, I made a list of well over twenty potential employers and sent them my resume and cover letter. About a week later I had something like ten responses. Then I looked at a map of Japan where each company would place me and basically chose based on that. There were a few key questions I should've asked that I know to ask now and a few things that I probably could've had rewritten in the contract had I asked for it. But I was ready to come over and tired of searching after three weeks so I signed and two months later ended up here.

I am really happy with my school even though there have been loads of ups and downs. No matter what type of teaching position you take and what company you end up working for, there is going to be a lot you will need to learn about English education in Japan and living here in general.

I keep saying this but have never gotten any responses. If you are looking at job offers, show me the offer and I'll give you my two cents. Basically you are going to have to just put yourself out there and talk to the recruiters, teachers, managers and owners who are going to interview you. The companies with websites and info packets represent maybe 10% of the opportunities available, and I really think that it is probably less than that.

Last edited by jasonbvr : 05-07-2007 at 02:36 AM.