View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-20-2007, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I`m sure it does occasionally happen. I`ve heard of some stay-at-home fathers. The general response by other men is "いいなぁ". I seriously doubt anyone would make fun of him.

But yes, if the mother is staying home, then it is usually pretty necessary for the father to work in order to survive.
I seriously cannot imagine someone being made fun of out in public though...
Anyway, fathers do often watch the children. I mean, they`re their children after all.
What's the general response by other men? My PC can't read Japanese, it shows it as little boxes.... >_>

Wow that is interesting. I had always imagined that in the Japanese society, that the men have to be the leaders of the family and work. A lot of times, the way woman are treated in Japan (from what I have seen) is somewhat poor, and they don't always show them with respect. therefore I imagined that it was up to the man to run the family, and it would be shameful that a woman is doing it. I am glad I was mistaken though, that makes me happy ^_^ Everyone should be treated with respect. And in my opinion, woman should have more respect. since they carry on the race. (but that is a topic totally different.)

Yes, I have also seen father's watching the children in many cases. Sorry if I seem un-intelligent, I don't know much about Japanese society or way of life, seeing I have never been there before. I am glad that you are able to help and clear things up