(#19 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-21-2007, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
What's the general response by other men? My PC can't read Japanese, it shows it as little boxes.... >_>

Sorry, it`s sort of along the lines of "Wish I could do that...".

Quote:
Wow that is interesting. I had always imagined that in the Japanese society, that the men have to be the leaders of the family and work. A lot of times, the way woman are treated in Japan (from what I have seen) is somewhat poor, and they don't always show them with respect. therefore I imagined that it was up to the man to run the family, and it would be shameful that a woman is doing it. I am glad I was mistaken though, that makes me happy ^_^ Everyone should be treated with respect. And in my opinion, woman should have more respect. since they carry on the race. (but that is a topic totally different.)
A lot of the "women treated unfairly" stuff is really a myth based on misinterpretation. I`ve covered it a lot in other topics, but basically from a "western" viewpoint, it seems that no one can believe a woman would ever possibly CHOOSE to leave her job and stay at home once she is married/has children. In their eyes, it looks to be "oppression"... Even though the women choose to do so of their own free will. So this big "women are inferior in Japan!" talk spreads. Most women choose to stay home with the kids. Some don`t. Most women are content to take a lower salary because of the lack of strings attached to it - if the company is paying you a lot there is a lot more pressure to continue working... They`ve invested a lot in you. But if it`s lower to begin with (I`m talking like 85% of the average male salary, not like incredibly low), there is very little pressure to keep working once you decide to quit for family reasons. Employers expect it, so everyone parts on good terms. There are companies out there that pay women full salaries - sometimes in the same company there will be two standards - and those are the type of women who generally continue to work. The only reason the lower salary is more common is because the women themselves PREFER it as it takes the pressure off of them in the future.

I personally don`t think either gender ranks above the other. Women can`t procreate alone. Eliminate either side and humans die out. There are indeed things that one gender can do which the other can`t. They balance each other out, and are therefore equally important.

Quote:
Yes, I have also seen father's watching the children in many cases. Sorry if I seem un-intelligent, I don't know much about Japanese society or way of life, seeing I have never been there before. I am glad that you are able to help and clear things up[/b]
I didn`t mean to sound like you were being silly. It just made me laugh.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.