View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Narusaki (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Teikiken / Commuter Pass Purchase - 03-28-2014, 05:45 PM

Hi Guys,

I'll be moving to Tochigi, Suzumenomiya (next to the station) in a few weeks for my wifes new job. We'll both be moving from Singapore, and I'll be transferring to my company's Tokyo office next to Roppongi Itchome station.

It's a huge commute for me but luckily I only need to be in the office 4 days a week (Monday to Thursday). As part of my journey is on the Shinkansen, it's also an expensive trip, but luckily, I came across the Teikiken or commuter pass!

I've found the perfect route (below) on hyperdia and the price for a one (1) month pass looks great compared to my 'per trip' calculation.

This will be my first time living in Japan and my Japanese is only around the N5 level right now, so I want to prepare myself before I arrive. I would appreciate any advice any of you guys can share on the below:

1. I read that the commuter ticket pricing always includes unlimited round-trips for the period of validity (1 month in my case). Is this true for the price / route below?
2. Am I able to catch the train at any time of the day so long as I follow the same route (same trains, stops, etc.)?
3. Most importantly, and my main reason for posting: Where can I buy a ticket for the below route?

Route No. 1 (106k Yen, 7:22am departure, 1 month commuter pass: Hyperdia | SearchResult

Many thanks in advance guys, and apologies for the long winded post!

Cheers,
Adrian

Last edited by Narusaki : 03-28-2014 at 05:47 PM.