View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
02-27-2015, 01:07 PM

Most of Japanese people tend to marry with Japanese people. I think it is natural considering the language barrier.

Japanese Language has high functionality to understand each other and it is very tough for Japanese people to learn other language in such level so as to understand each other with foreign people. It is also very tough to learn Japanese language for foreign people in such level so as to understand each other with Japanese people.

When I had married with my wife (native Japanese girl), I could not speak English enough to communicate with foreign people though I could read and write English to some degree. I started speak English for my job over ten years after my marriage. I mean young Japanese has not enough English skill
before his/her suitable age for marriage.

However (to my surprise), I found some international couples without frequent communication between them. I might be too old to discuss about marriage. The situation could be changed during my decades of marriage.

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.