View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Humbug (Offline)
New to JF

Talking 06-10-2015, 01:29 PM

Sangetsu

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately the visa costs in Australia are going up by about 50% by the end of the month, so I am looking at 10 to 15 grand for a visa that I would only use for 2-3 years. Wonderful eh!

Yeah, I have been reading up a little bit on the inspections for cars lately. A little worrying but not for super serious reasons... maybe.

I have just finished building it over about 3 years and have probably dumped about 20 grand into it *not that I want to count* lol.
It has just passed our strict safety inspections here in nsw *blue slip* so mechanically wise, she's mint! My worry though would be emissions? As I've put on a full stainless turbo back system and deleted alot of the emissions control junk. Still running cats though.

Running costs here in NSW are crazy too. I spend well over a grand on rego, tax insurance etc. I initially would be staying in the Fukuoka area, but I'd obviously move where ever the money is. Living out in the sticks is definetly on my agenda *for the twisties* so I am wanting a garage and a man shed. City living is nice, but not really practical for how I like to waste my money.

Though if the cost of shipping it is more than the visa in Aus, I guess I dont have any other choice but to sell. I can tell you its like a screw driver to the heart. (experienced it before but with the motorcycles I built before the last time I *thought* I moved to JP) Not sure if you can relate to that at all though.

I have been hearing people talk about property not appreciating which actually comes to a shock to me. Just to give you an idea of what I have been putting up with in the last 30 years: These Images Might Explain Why A "Good Job" Won't Buy You A House

In regards to English teaching, I guess it would be great if you enjoy it, good work flow, start a business etc... but for me, picture kindergarten cop. lol I am prepared to put up with bratty kids for a couple of years if its the only way I can make ends meet, but I am sure I will grind my teeth to dust lol.

I admit its still early days and I still have much more homework to do weighing up the pros and cons, but thanks so much for your input. Its much appreciated.