View Single Post
(#284 (permalink))
Old
aychseven (Offline)
New to JF

05-25-2007, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlll View Post
Lol, I wish I had that kind of carefree attitude.
oh i may be a lot of things but carefree is not one of them. i went to a vocational/magnet high school and graduated with a double major in IT related fields. this was all during the .com boom, and we were told our skills would guarantee us fat salaries right out of high school. i took a few classes at community college but then dropped out to focus on my career. shortly afterwards everything took a shit, all those jobs dried up and the field was flooded with skilled people out of work. now everyone wants you have a BS in computer science while earning less than $15/hr.

but honestly i'm glad that i dropped out of college early. gave me time to discover myself and my real passions. i'm pretty much done with IT. i've been doing it for as long as i can remember. never worked anywhere in my life other than computer shops or offices doing IT work. don't know what else i'm going to do, but the plan is to hopefully be accepted at TUJ and major in economics. with 4 years of residency out of the way, if i can find a job and stay another year i'd be eligible for permanent residency IIRC.

those of you who are young and still in school should feel lucky if you know what you're going to do already. i've got a big decision to make. i have my car and my stuff and my job and my friends etc; i've established a life and a career. do i just drop everything, drown myself in debt, head off to some country i've never even visited, where i don't know anybody, where i can't speak the language (much less read a damn thing)? it's scary. really the scariest thing i've ever gotten in to. but Japan is in my heart and it will never go away. i feel like this is my only chance and i better not fuck it up.

blah. sorry about the rant