View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Code Geas anyone? - 05-25-2007, 04:37 AM

Anybody seen this show yet? Hasn't been licensed outside Japan as far as I know, so I found a fansub. Pretty damn good show actually. I initially found it rather hard to swallow because it's main theme is a sort of lower class vs. nobility/twisted darwinism, and knights and noblemen crap tends to grind my gears. I was however intrigued by it's brilliantly evil little protagonist Lelouch. Instead of your usual macho badass/hotblooded idealist main he's a bit more of an underhanded schemer, using friend and foe alike as tools to reach his own ends. A brilliant tactician and a die hard cynic, he's built a rebellion against his own government in an attempt to avenge his mother's murder and build a new world that isn't based on the strong preying on the weak, a world safe for his disabled sister. It's all really quite Shakespearian, and rather intriguing if you get past the absurdity of it all.

What else you ask? Design work was done by CLAMP, hot chicks (or guys if that's your thing) and the mecha scenes are made of some serious win I tell you. Whaaaaaa? A show with plot depth, original content, ass kicking, and hotness all in one? Get's my stamp of approval. Check it out of you like your mecha with a side of unusual plot twists, Shakespearian drama and political intrigue.