Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-14-2007, 05:38 PM

I`ll try to answer these one by one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Why isthe uniform code is restrict?
Pretty much because it always has been. You can pretty much ask that about any school with a uniform.
The main reason is to eliminate visible differences between students, and it works pretty well. You wouldn`t know, just by looking at your classmates, who has money or who is poor, etc.

Quote:
If they are hot they cannot take off layers? Why?
When you`re working and wearing a suit, you can`t just take it off if you feel hot. It works the same way with the uniform.
I`ve never seen a situation where it was too hot or too cold and the teacher wouldn`t allow proper measures. It`s just about getting *permission*. It`s not like the teachers are going to make you wear tons of layers on a hot summer day - summer uniforms are really cool to begin with.
A more realistic situation is in winter - if it`s cold outside, you`re going to wear your full uniform to school (jacket and sweater) - but the classroom is really warm from the heater. I have never seen a teacher who wouldn`t allow you to take your sweater and/or jacket off. But you can`t just start stripping down the layers out of nowhere.

Quote:
Also the teacher says when to change uniforms?
Not when you can change your uniform - when the uniform changes from summer to winter and then back. Japan is pretty strict with this even outside of schools. You will not see anyone wearing short sleeves until after a certain date, regardless of how hot it is.
Basically, the school has it`s own rule on what day students switch over from one season`s uniform to the next.

Quote:
As longas they wear one why does it matter?
I think you might have misunderstood. It`s based on the seasons. Summer and winter uniforms are drastically different - everyone is supposed to be wearing the same thing, so it would be a mess if someone didn`t set a date to change over from one to the other.

Quote:
Did this happen to you as well?
Yes, for the 6 months I was in a Japanese high school.

Quote:
I ask a lot of questions, you don't have to answer them all. Gomen
No problem at all. I like answering good questions.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.