View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kuromiXpink (Offline)
New to JF

06-24-2007, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkuroi View Post
All right, nobody seems to want to PM, but can anybody answer these for me?? They're not that bad, or pass it off to a parent or something...
=]

. Would you support the claim that the traditional Japanese diet is the world’s healthiest?
2. Which do you think weighs more heavily in this issue: the Japanese food itself, or the eating habits of the Japanese people?
3. Could you please identify for me the staple foods in the Japanese diet?
4. How does the food in American Japanese restaurants differ from traditional Japanese home-style cooking?
5. What are the typical elements of a Japanese breakfast?
6. What are the health impacts of a breakfast like this every day?
7. What are the typical elements of a Japanese lunch?
8. What are the health impacts of a lunch like this every day?
9. What are the typical elements of a Japanese dinner?
10. What are the health impacts of a dinner like this every day?
11. How often do most Japanese people snack throughout the day?
12. What are typical healthy and unhealthy Japanese snacks, and how much of them does the average Japanese person consume between meals?
13. What is the significance of the way Japanese meals are presented at the table?
14. How does the average Japanese person feel about eating and food?
15. What do you think is the most important lesson a typical American should learn to follow about Japanese eating habits?
16. How easy is traditional Japanese food to prepare in an American kitchen?
17. What do you think is the least healthy element of the Japanese diet?
18. Do you worry that increased Westernization in Japan is having a negative impact on the health of the nation?
19. If you had the power to change some things about the food eaten by a typical Japanese person, what would you change?
20. Is there any other information you think is interesting on this subject?

Thank you! =)
dont know if you still need this but here goes!

1. i wouldnt say that it is the world's most healthiest diet but then its somewhere up there.
2. i think that its probably Japanese people's eating habits that wieght more in this issue because its really their choice if they choose a healthy meal of sashimi or shioyaki over greasy french fries.
3. the stable foods of a japanese diet consist of rice, miso soup, seafood, and no doubt sushi! (raw fish or seafood) i would say that that what makes raw seafood so healthy is that it is not cooked with oil making it greasy and all smoky whatsoever.
4. the difference really is that home meals have more variety and such and i would say that it is probably more healthy more then im never to sure (laughs). but then i always feels as if there is a stereotype in american-japanese restaurants becuz its always the same food over and over again! there's really i would say not that much variety in a Japanese restaurants menu. well...actually there is (laughs) but then its just that almost every japanese restaurants have the same thing! (unless u go to a cafe.. hehe)
5. there's really no typical br4eakfast in japan nowadays...skip it maybe and wait for lunch or just a quick bite of a toast. but then the more traditional way of eating breakfast is sitting down at home drinking soup and maybe a little rice...(porridge maybe?) maybe eggs and ham or maybe just omeleterice.

ahhh~ i have to go now...sorry! guess i'll continue with ur questions next time!