(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-18-2016, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanarkand View Post
Thanks for the reply!

Would I look awkward if I go work at those public places, like the libraries, and cafes? Or is it commonly done enough? I mean, I'd likely be there 8 hours a day, and a few days in a week.

I hope to avoid places that are too crowded, but not too rural either. So I don't plan to stay in big cities like Tokyo and Osaka for too long. I read that those places have coworking spaces, and internet cafes. Those might be more scarce in places that I'd like to go to. So I was thinking of public places that are more readily available in less modern/busy cities.

Ah, volunteering is a good idea!
Don't worry about spending too much time in these places. You will often see someone buy cup of ice water at a McDonald's, and then have a seat in the restaurant for the entire day. Libraries are full of people who are happy to spend the all day there. And in a place where men can be seen walking down sidewalks in women's bathing suits with stiletto heals, I wouldn't worry about looking awkward.

Net or or comic cafes rent space by the hour, or by the day. Travelers on a budget will often spend the night as they are cheaper than a hotel. The smaller cities may not have such places, but then again the cost for a hotel room is cheap enough that people would rather pay for a bed than an office chair.