(#9 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

12-22-2006, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risukopi View Post
Hi there.

I am teaching Japanese to Europian kids, who are not familer with Kanjis at all and sometimes we have to use roman-ji text books. Its okay for a while for the debutants, but finally they need to know the kanjis -but it seems they are not willing to do so.

Because I believe learning and knowing the language means you can write, read , listen and speak. Like, it is not good if you learn Russian without Russian alphabet because it is not real Russian you are going to use...you see what I mean.
In my own personal experience think the best way to learn is how you said it. To write Japanese or to speak you should be submersed in it. For example you should have the hiragana/katakana on some flash cards but you should have it so that they (your students) can not read the romaji. And then assign a sound to each hiragana/katakana orally. As soon as they learn all the Hiragana/Katakana you could move on to reading sentences with useful Japanese Phases.

Learning all the Hiragana should take about 2-3 weeks if you practice every day for at lest 1 hour. This of course depends on the students abilities. Katakana on the other hand Might take some more time because some katakana look very similar, not only to other Katakana but some Hiragana as well.
(E.g. Hiragana "Se" = "" and Katakana "Sa" . Even more so with katakana Tsu [pronounced like "ts" in "cats"] and katakana Shi pronounced as "she"])

Know you can probably see how this can become confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risukopi View Post
How about for you, learning Japanese which part you feel most difficult about?

My grammar isn't very good as well as some long sentences. My Vocabulary is pretty good but I need to learn some more word in general.

Hope that helps. Good Luck.

Last edited by Kuroneko : 12-22-2006 at 01:35 AM.