View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KouyouTakashima (Offline)
New to JF

Quick translation, letter to host family - 07-23-2007, 09:25 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would really appreciate a tiny bit of help here:
I'm writing a letter to my host family soon to be. I just want to let them know who I am, and ask them what I need to bring and tell them how excited I am. My japanese has become terrible because I never practice, so I really need the help. Hopefully this is going to be quick. I'll include what I want to say and then I'll share what I think is correct (in japanese).
Sorry i'm so unskilled by the way. I'm hoping to get better, but thanks in advance for your help!
I'm puting the words I don' know in japanese, in italics:

letter:
Dear Host kazoku,
First, Hontooni arigatou gozaimasu! Kore wa (family name inserted here) no kazoku-sama no atarashii ryuuugakusei Christopher desu. It's a pleasure.
Sumimasen, dakedo boku no nihongo wa mata heta in desu. Gomen nasai, koko made ganbate tsumori, to nihongo wo benkyo shimasu. Boku wa chou ureshii (to) Kumamoto-ken ni ikimasu. (I'm so happy to come to Kumamoto?)
A few questions ga arimasu:
What is the weather like in (insert city)?----tenki wa dou desu ka de (city)??
So that I know what clothing to bring.
Is there anything for school I must bring?
Do you have pets?
What are your hobbies/what do you do on the weekends?
I will tell you more about myself if you wiish to know, and please feel free to ask questions. I look forward to hearing form you!
Well, I will see you in a month,. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!
Please take care!
Boku wa chou ureshii (to) Kumamoto-ken ni ikimasu. (I'm so happy to come to Kumamoto?)

Alright.................I jsut realized how terrible i've gotten.
I'd really appreciate the help/criticsim. Please please feel free to criticize, I can take it, (so long as it's constructive), also please tell me if there's anything I wrote in it that will be ocnsidered rude in japan.
Thanky you!!!