Thread: Japanese Only!
View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
08-16-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
It's so not! O.O

Maybe for Asian people it is, I dunno, but honestly... you'd be stunned to see how simple it appears to be when you compare it to other languages. No masculine and feminin distinction (ever tried learning German? Jeez), so few verb tenses, not many verb irregularities (which not even English-speakers use properly...), and getting used to the pronunciation won't take you more than a short-term stay in whatever English-speaking country you choose.

When I was 14 I went to England for the first time, stayed there for the whole summer. By that time I had been studying English for about 8 years but I wouldn't say I was totally flunt at it. So when I started to meet people no one would believe I wasn't American (that pissed me off to the fullest xD) because of the way I spoke. Get what a mean? A 14 year-old can get to speak English without much effort cause it's not close to being as difficult as whatever language we're used to.
well maybe you picked it up easy, and thats great

I myself went thru 6 years of esl learning this backwards language.

and yes compared to most languages, english is spoken backwards.

and i wont argue that German isnt hard.

Many reserach, tests, studies, etc etc. have shown that English and German are the 2 toughest languages in the world to learn.

but English is the international language that is required in most countries, not German.

We have so many rules, pronunciations, punctuations, grammar rules, etc etc.

Also words that sound alike but mean something completely different, and words that are spelled the same but mean completely different things in another context.

According to a article written by James Randerson in NewScientists
English is the most difficult language out of all the Eurpean languages to learn how to read and write.
Also it takes over twice as long to become literate in english compared to other languages.

EXAMPLES
The bandage was wound around the wound.
The farm was used to produce produce.
The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
We must polish the Polish furniture.
He could lead if he would get the lead out.
The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
I did not object to the object.

I go back to Vietnam often and get bombarded by my family members struggling with the language with really hard to answer questions.

Try explaining the 10 phrases i listed above to some one who doesn't speak the language natively.

Google the subject!
tons of articles about how English is by far one of the most difficult languages to master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Well now this is completly off the subject, sorry about that. And don't get me wrong, I really have nothing against the Japanese, I just don't like them being so wary, that's all.
i respect you and your point of views, you picked my post apart, which is cool. and i did my best to try to not be preachy and educate people more on the Cultural influences in Japanese business sense.

And like i said b4, Companies have much more important business matters to attend to then gambling over a foreign applicant or picking a Japanese applicant who knows more about the Cultural and socialization side of business.

Because socialization is more then it seems, its integrated it self into the businesses and has vast importance.

thank you for reading
-htek

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan