3. Aretha 2 (Snes)
4. Aretha 1 (Snes)
5. Chrono Trigger (Snes)
6. Final Fantasy VI (Snes)
7. Final Fantasy V (Snes)
8. Earthbound (Snes)
9. Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (GB)
10. Megaman Battle Network (GBA)

As you can see, I seem to like games with pixel art graphics. I really can't look at the 3D-graphics without realising how ugly it looks. If you look closely at the scenes and the characters with whom you play, you can notice how they're made of boxes and balls with pixelated balderdashgibberishhotchpotch as their surface. It really bothers me.
As to the cut-scenes with the fancier 3D, the bodies of mass won't move all that elegant and graceful as in reality they could. This can be achieved through pixel art animation, but it takes great skill. You can look at the movement of Crono, Ryu, Nina, Megaman and the monsters and admire it's beauty, then realise it was made using few different sprites. To make something like that with just the little squares called pixels, that's something I really love.
I really can't enjoy the game, if it doesn't offer challenge more than some fancy 3D-animation and pretty characters and often the graphics are made as life-like as possible at the expense of playability and the controls.
I feel I can't play FF VII quite as easily and enjoy it like when I play FF VI.
I don't think games are better just because they are 3D but you act like games arent innovative anymore but that's just not true. Movies didnt cease to be artforms when the blockbuster was invented, and games didnt cease to be games when gaming gained mass market appeal. It just means there tend to be different categories of games, those made for vision and those made for profit.

Quote:
I have never actually played any Zelda games, Kingdom Hearts, almost any Mario games, Tales of Symphonia nor the newest from the FF-series, but I'd love to try them out. What kind of games are the FFX or Legend of Zelda: The Majora's mask?
They are RPGs if that's what you mean... yeah you should try them.

I'd like to hear WHAT makes your favourite games your favourite games, I want to know all the emotions you feel while playing and your point of view about my favourite games.
Do you think one or all of them are boring, ugly or hard to play, or have you never actually played them but have some curiosity towards them?[/quote]

When I play a Zelda game it just feels... magical. . It's hard to put into words; but there's a certain feeling I get when I play it which really makes me love them. Same with most Final Fantasy games, and others at the top of my list.

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~