View Single Post
(#42 (permalink))
Old
robnixd (Offline)
New to JF

09-10-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
There are two different types of re-entry permits. The single use type, and the multiple use type. The single one ends after (obviously) a single use. The multiple use one only lasts a year, no matter what type of visa you have. (A 3 year visa? Permanent residency? Oh well. You`ll need a new one every year.)
I have never had a multiple entry one. I`ve never left the country 3 or more times in a single year. And if you don`t, then it`s a total waste of money. Twice, and you`d might as well have gotten the single use one, as it costs the same anyway.
Now, if the multiple entry lasted the entire length of a visa... ie. forever with the permanent residency one, etc.... That would be nice. But it doesn`t.

as i've said in a previous post in another thread, i'm considering a job offer in japan. somebody else will be taking care of my visa, so i can only assume that the duration of the work visa is for 1 year, which is the length of the contract. can i assume as well that this is a multiple-entry permit that i'll be getting with the visa, or do i need to verify that first from the employer? i'm just thinking of a scenario where i might fly to, say, mongolia (or anywhere else, for that matter) for a few days on my personal time.