View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Moving to Japan in '09 - 09-28-2007, 06:09 AM

At least, that's the plan...

Nice to meet y'all. You can call me Keaton or Mike. I'm 20 years old, in college in NC, and the love of my life and I are separated by the Pacific Ocean.

She has been visiting me as often as we can for as long as a tourist visa will hold up, but we're looking for something more permanent. She's looking for options to move here, and I'm looking for options to move there.

I'm getting more familiar with the visa process, but legal mumbo-jumbo can only take me so far. So here's where y'all come in. If anyone has moved to Japan and has success (or failure) stories, I could use them!

- How did you get there?
- Did you get a job? What kind? Is is better to visit and get an interview, or apply online? What are some good companies/jobs? Is a work visa easy(ish) and quick(ish) to get, compared to the next option?
- Did you marry? Marriage is on the horizon, but we don't know much about that process either. It seems like you have to come to the country, get married, go back home, and then wait.

Well, this is all for now. The whole thing is pretty overwhelming. Anyway, thatnks so much, and if you ever need any help with learning Japanese, cinema, martial arts, or scuba diving, you know where to find me