View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

10-01-2007, 04:41 AM

What's up Mike and how's the weather in my home state of NC? I'm from Mooresville which is north of Charlotte at the end of Lake Norman.

Anyways, about your situation. I am not too familar with the specifics of all your questions, but I can answer a few. To start with, I am sure you know what I am about to say, to work in Japan you might as well teach English.

I know what a lot of people think, teaching doesn't really sound like my thing. But to be completely honest if you work as an ALT in the public schools, it will give you a greater appreciation of Japanese life and greater understanding of what your darling, future wife had to endure as a child. And what your's will as well if you stay here that long.

Now as far as the application process, you will want to definitely apply and get hired before coming. I don't know about your financial situation, but for me when I got out of college I needed a secure paycheck to pay those loans. JET program is pretty much out of the question since they are going to place you almost at random and I assume you want to be as close as possible to your miss's.

Now if you are working and under the work visa, you are not going to have to leave Japan once you marry. The only people that would have to do that are people under a tourist visa who get married and their visa expires before immigration approves their new visa.

Anyways, go to the Teaching in the JP thread. Read and post more questions if you have them.