View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Zanmai (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Zanmai
10-11-2007, 11:48 AM

gloomth made a point. People create things and label them what they want. I guess people or objects shouldn't be solely classified by countries or even culture right now, cos with the way this world is going, everything is getting 'fusioned', east-meets-west kinda thing? I mean, I don't mean to offend, because if you say J-style, what do you mean? BAPE? Comme des Garscon? From a none fashionista's point of view, the shirts look like those you get from Billabong or Converse and all. But somehow I feel like puking saying that.

>theUnknown: about people who deny their own mother tongue and culture, I'm not sure if all of them are the worst of the worst or something. Living in Singapore makes me feel distant from its culture, which is basically a mishmash of everything. I feel I don't belong, and I don't even like my mother tongue (it's not my fault cos I couldn't choose my mother tongue =/ ). Not that I despise it, more like I feel uncomfortable using it. So I speak English, and strangely, I feel more at ease with Jap culture. I guess most people don't feel proud if they think their culture is "inferior" but yea, those who can't accept who they are, are really sad people. Lost too, maybe.