View Single Post
(#50 (permalink))
Old
fz22gq (Offline)
New to JF

11-12-2007, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I guess my life didn`t exist then. We lived in a 1 bedroom (not one room - separate kitchen and dining), 3 minutes from the station.

This wasn`t Tokyo, but either way, sounds like you`re either being ripped off or living in a luxury apartment. Neither of which I recommend for someone trying to get by on a budget or save money.

You don`t have to spend a huge amount to live in Japan. You CAN get by on very little. Is it a lot of fun? No, but if you`re making your living costs as low as possible, you have a lot more to spend on activities you enjoy.

Now, being as living comfortably is my current activity of choice (having a family does that to you), we spend like 350,000 a month on living expenses. But that doesn`t mean that you couldn`t get by on much much much less.
Totally agree, no point paying large amounts of coin if you're not earning much and looking to save.

I wouldn't call my apartment luxury but it is a 1LDK, 50sqm in Yoyogi only a few minutes walk from Yoyogi, Sangubashi and Minami Shinjuku stations.

I do agree you can get by on much less, the limit is endless, how far do you want to go and how much do you value luxuries.

It's all written here, everything i see and do in Japan, stop by for a look at ---->>>>The Duck in Japan