View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

11-18-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachava View Post
Fair enough, but all the people I have spoken to on the subject at my work studied abroad for a gap year, and not one disagreed that the Japanese study years were a joke by comparison...
in what way is it a joke? i don't understand exactly what that means cos afterall, if i do Math in japan or in england or USA, after the degree, no matter what country i studied in, the course would have been the same!!!

Lets put it this way, if you mean its a joke cos lots of people party and there are not many lectures etc etc... its the same in england cos look at cambridge or oxford. i know lots of people there. they have MAX 12 hours of lessons per week!!!... then take me, i'm in france, and i have minimum 30 hours of lessons per week!!! french people think england is a joke, but when they actually go to england. most fail!! what people don't realise is that in UK and i'm sure in japan also, uni is suposed to be 70% individual work, and 30%guided!! so those people that party, might just pass with the average. but they sure as hell won't be accepted into a Masters program or something where it really counts