View Single Post
(#486 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-05-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
It`s called wanting to get home, and wanting to protect my baby.
I complained, but they told me that if I resisted they`d have to take me into the back for "Resisting search"... They had my baby son, on the other side of glass.

If I resisted... What would happen? I`d likely get thrown on the no-fly list, and NEVER be able to go home. Not an appealing thought... And what would happen to my son? He doesn`t have US citizenship.

I didn`t even know about the cans and the camera until I got home and checked. They left little stickers on the cans saying "Contents Checked", and a little paper wrapped around my camera with a rubber band holding it together.

It`s easy to say you wouldn`t have let them do something like that, but until you have actually been in the same situation you have no room to talk.

I have been in that situation... And i had RIGHTS... First of all, they OBVIOUSLY don't have the right to do that, and they definately havn't got the right to seperate you from your child, especialy if he's a baby!!
And also, i didn't say anything like you should have resisted search etc, i don't see why you've just jumped at me. lol...

Here's what happened to me. I was flying from london to algeria.... In london, they stopped me and asked me if they could check my luggage. i said fine, but one of the security men snatched the suitcase and dropped it on a table (which broke my laptop)... he went to open it, i said to him to move out of the way because he hasn't got the right to open my suitcase, and he hasn't got the right to look at my things without me seing what he's doing... So he came out with some crap about how i would get arrested for not cooperating so i asked the police to interfere and asked for this guys manager... afterwards, another security woman checked my stuff... it was fine, checked it like she should... After coming back from algeria, i wrote a complaint to Heathrow airport. The dude that done that stuff got fired because he tried to open my suitcase, and secondly he broke my laptop (which was refunded in full by the airport)...

So the point is, you have rights, and also the real action was taken after coming back from my trip... ie getting the b*s***d fire and getting a refund for my broken laptop...