View Single Post
(#487 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-05-2007, 04:03 PM

Unfortunately, the US isn`t so friendly anymore, and they seem to enjoy trampling over anyone and everyone`s rights.

I jumped at you because 99% (actually, everyone in fact) who has commented to me about just going along with the whole thing said something along the lines of "If it had been me, I would have given them a piece of my mind and just left! That`s against your rights!" etc, without having ever been in a similar situation.

What happened to me was prior to the case where a mother was separated from her child and sued - apparently they aren`t supposed to do that anymore. When I went through, they insisted that they were only obligated to keep my baby in my sight. Which they did. On the other side of a glass wall.

You were protecting your laptop. I was protecting my child... And my ability to go home. There is a bit of a difference.

The US checks suitcases now without even asking for permission. They did all this without any input from me. It`s "standard procedure" these days.

After they have your child on the other side of a wall, threatening to take you into custody for resisting, and ultimately preventing you from ever going home... THEN you can say you`ve been in the same situation. Things change when children are involved. Sure, I could have probably protested and gotten out of jail or wherever they take people who resist...... but what would happen to my non-US-citizen baby? He can`t just be put in storage like luggage.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.