View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
prekabreki (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to prekabreki Send a message via Skype™ to prekabreki
Smile Travelling with slob - 12-10-2007, 06:28 PM

Hi everybody, I'm completely new to these forums but I thought I'd just jump right in.

Well in six months time I'll be going to Japan, this is a life long dream come true for me (oh, but I'm so young), a childhood friend of mine suggested it out of the blue that we go. He was half-joking but I leapt at the chance to actually go.

My maternal grandfather was from Sapporo and he used to tell me stories to get me to go to sleep. So ever since I was a little boy I've been bombarded with tales of Japan, mythology, religion and good old-fashioned folk tales.
Whoa, I'm rambling here...anyways as I was saying

I'll be finally going over there and staying for three months (whoa!).
Iwasaki-ojiisan always stressed etiquette and proper respect, be it at the dinner table or just everyday mundane social gatherings.
(Oh man do I know better than to stick my chopsticks in the rice, *slap!*)

I'll be going to Japan with a friend who has been an Icelandic sailor almost all of his life. He's the kinda guy who would clean his toes with chopsticks and scream for a fork while he's at it. He's a nice guy, just a bit on the wild side.

So on to the actual question, will we be crucified for his insolence if we go out to eat and he continues his ways of burping whilst scratching and so on...

Prekabreki