View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-03-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post
ronin4hire calling nationality from looks is impossible. there is nothing linking looks and nationality. no one in this world would say they can tell someones nationality with certainty from any physical appearance or even their accent. i don't believe the person you were arguing about this with is claiming nationality but rather race.

the fact is that in china's population is more than 90% Han Chinese, Korea and Japan are homogeneous countries with around 98-99% of the population being of that countries race.

in contrast australia's population is just over 2% of native australians, the rest are immigrants although 37% claimed their ancestry is Australian (one can only assume this term was used because they have several generations born in australia) as much as 31% say their ancestry is English and many other countries make up the rest.
Hey, it wasn't my assertion that physical characteristics run along national lines. It was the many people in this thread that disagree with me.

And yes I'm aware of the culturally homogenous makeup of many of these East Asian nation-states compared to Western nation-states (notable exceptions being Singapore and Malaysia). However you will have to prove that the people of this region are in general, seperated into nations along the lines of physical characteristics (i.e. race. basically you'll have to prove that the Chinese are a seperate race from the Japanese from the Koreans). I believe they are not seperated by race, rather by culture.