View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

01-22-2008, 11:45 AM

i heard from someone who worked for the JET office in Japan that there are many many complaints by the JETS about numerous things including how many schools they have to teach at etc.

the important thing about being a JET is ready to be flexible. you might get lucky and get a great position that is nothing but fun, but then you might get one that is a terribly big challenge.

I have my JET interview in a couple weeks for the 2008 program. I already have lived and studied in Japan before for a year and worked part time being an english teacher there so i'm pretty prepared for what is coming my way but as i said, it is really important to be ready for anything and be flexible.

as for my SoP i simply wrote about how i had experience of japan and i was eager to get back there, increase my knowledge and that i have a future career plan to work in education in Japan, hopefully at university level (yeah i will have to go back to study more at university for that >< ) etc etc..

will let you know how the interview goes if interested. If i don't get in im not too worried, i know i can easily get a full time job in Japan elsewhere as i already had one ready to sponsor me prior to returning home for this break but JET is my preferred option.