View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
01-22-2008, 10:21 PM

It does seem to be the key and I'm ready to adapt! I'm also anxious to observe the Japanese education system firsthand.

Also, on the flexibility thing, that's one of the things I've noticed from others, especially with the school and placement situation since there's no guarantee, if you're accepted, that you're going to get your first choice, or any choices for the matter.

Places I want to put down (placements) are:

Toubetsu-cho, Ishikari-shicho, Hokkaido
Miyagi-ken (Sendai particularly sounds nice, minus the rainy season stuff)
Akita-ken
Tochigi-ken
Saitama-ken (only because it's my sister city)

I'm leaning most towards putting down Ishikari, Tochigi, and Saitama. I might change my mind, but Ishikari is my first choice.

Oh, I've been asking this for a while. What are the key differences from rural, urban, and suburban settings in Japan? Is it similar to how the US is? You know, rural being pretty much the middle of nowhere, urban being the city, and suburban being...a place where you more than likely need a car...

I already know you have no say what-so-ever with the schools you're placed in. I just hope that if I do manage to get in, that it's a nice school with eager students. ^^;

Last edited by SSJup81 : 01-22-2008 at 10:24 PM.