View Single Post
(#29 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-30-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
They! That is something else! Statue photos: 2,4, 8, 9 and 10 Look the most amazing.

Statue in photo 8 is huge! How big is that? It looks like it is three times the size of those houses in the distances.I like how it is getting dark too. You must of loves taking all these photos. Did you travel all over the country? You must of been there along time to get so many different shots of so many different things.

Did you go to Mount Fuji? Take any pictures of that? How about Hokkaido? Did you go there in the snow around Sapporo and such.

Sorry for all the question. Take your time.
No problem, I love to talk about my time in Japan.

I lived there for 2 whole years on the JET Program. I did travel all over the country, from Nikko in the north-east to Nagasaki in the south-west. I lived in Hashimoto City, Wakayama-ken, which is about 50 minutes south of Osaka by train.

See Hashimoto Station in the upper right corner of the map, on the train line to Koya-san? I lived 3 blocks from that station...

Unfortunately, I never made it to Hokkaido, and while I passed within viewing distance of Mt Fuji on my way back from Tokyo, I wasn't able to get a good picture of it (it was pretty far away, and buildings kept blocking my shots from the train.)

The picture of Statue 8 was taken in Nagasaki. It was quite a ways in the distance and getting dark, as you can see, so I never made it over to the statue to see where it was, why it was there, etc. I had other places to go and things to see, and had no time... (I really loved Nagasaki, very interesting place to visit!) But you're right, it certainly looked huge and very impressive!

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan

Last edited by samurai007 : 01-30-2008 at 01:11 AM.