View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
petrifiedexuberance (Offline)
New to JF

02-04-2008, 01:49 AM

I re-create jrocker looks on a regular basis, so I thought I'd offer my method. Mineral foundation is a good way to get a soft-focus, pale complexion, I like this brand. Generally speaking you'll want to put on your regular foundation, or at least a foundation primer on first and then work on the shading with the minerals. I usually put on one thin layer of foundation, separate a 2-ply tissue and ouse one half to blot my face, then proceed with the minerals. The eyes are important of course, and the best way to get the intense range of shades used in jrock makeup is to use pigments. As far as methods for eye makeup go, I hate liquid liner so I've developed a method using pencil and powder to acheive the same look. First line the inner lid(upper and lower, right in the lash base) with a good water-proof pencil (prestige makes a good one). Don't worry about making a thick/artsy line at this point, just make sure you've got the inner rims lined. Now start on the eye shadow, first use a primer/liquid shadow, then use the pigments to color. Once you've got your eye shadow done, go back with a small angled brush(good quality, inexpensive brushes are easy to find at art supply stores) and press a dark powder/pigment into lashes, and start working with the bolder lines. This method may seem a bit involved, but the look will last all day, and you don't have to worry about streaking like you do with liquid liners. Lips are easy, all you need is a good nude liner, and whatever shade of lipstick you feel complements your look. Oh, the pigments can be used anywhere on your face generally, so you can creat the more elaborrate designs without breaking the bank.
That was incredibly long-winded, but I hope it helped.