Thread: "Dark Poems"
View Single Post
(#102 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-07-2008, 04:27 AM

Excuse my strage form of poetry...It's more like a poetic story, i suppose...?

The Lovers Suicide

I sit on the floor, adjacent to my reflection, my other self, my second half. I raise my arms and lift my fingers to my lips, and she does the same, mirroring my thoughts, my heart, my being, and yet she is she and I am I. But for now, we are we. And yet love cannot stay, for with the passing of time comes the passing of emotions. I link my hands with her, as a smile crosses our face. Our eye's twinkle with anticipation, waiting patiently until we are ready. I scour the edges of my mind in search of any faults, any regrets, just as I have searched so many times before, and we decide that we have none. Our smile doesn't fade, our eye's stay locked, and with the gun in our hand, we lock together, lips intertwined in a final embrace, and the shot rings out. In death love shall rain eternal, for what can time rob from the timelessness of the dead?

And yes, I am a perfectly happy person, no thoughts of suicide, so don't draw any scarry conclusions, neh?

Attempt #2

We sit across from each other, lost yet secure in each other's eyes, understanding what the other does without a word spoken. We stare longingly at each other, a love still binding us, a love yet to be spoiled by time, and we stare without selfishness. We crawl towards each other slowly, trying to make it last. We are locked in one anothers smile, resolute, unshaken by the event to unfold. We come apon each other, hands clasped, eyes of crescent moons locked, smiles reforming as they collide, tears streaming down our faces. And we look at each other, and she smiles, warm and pure, unquestioning in it's serenity and beauty, it sits upon her face, refusing to betray any sign of regret. And so we lift the gun to our heads, pressing agaisnt each other, and as I pull the trigger, she presses her lips against my ear, and in the sweet voice of one that knows that which only those on the brink of death know, she said,

"Love is too sweet, for a life so short."

Last edited by Powermad147 : 02-07-2008 at 06:15 AM.