View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Lonewolf (Offline)
New to JF

02-05-2007, 11:58 PM

Thank you Nyororin for your reply. Yeah, it looks like money is the big thing. I have been saving up money for the past two years, and I am going to be saving up for the rest of this year. But even with all that money, I don't think it'll be enough to live on for two years in Japan, even if I'm not in Tokyo or Osaka (which I've heard are the most expensive cities). So I'll try figure that part out.
Also, do you know more or less how much it would cost for one years Japanese language schooling in Japan?
The thing is, I'm not 100% comitted to coming over yet, I have alot of doubts. I'm torn between coming over next year and staying here in the UK to do a degree. I can hear a little voice in my head telling me that the smarter choice would be to do the degree first, but on the other hand it's been my dream to go to Japan for years now, and I don't realy want to wait another four or five years before I do so. And also do you realy think a year is enough to become near fluent in Japanese? I'm just not so sure that I would be able to learn enough Japanese reading/writng in a year to be good enough to go to university there. The speaking part seems do-able, but learning all those characters seems near impossible.
EDIT: Oh and one last thing. You mentioned getting a sponsor for a student visa. I have heard alot about these sponsors, but don't realy know alot about them. I just always assumed you can just apply for a visa if you have enough money. So could you tell me a little more about sponsors.
p.s. sorry if my questions seem dumb or silly, it's just I'm unsure about alot of things and I'm trying to get as much info as I can.

Last edited by Lonewolf : 02-06-2007 at 12:01 AM.