(#8 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-06-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
I certainly have my doubts about one year being enough time to get ready to pass the JLPT level one from starting as an absolute beginner. It will require a ton of kanji to get through that level. These lists may be a bit old, but they may give you an idea of what I am talking about. Japanese Language 日本語 ___
You have a valid point - However, almost all of the schools I know of offering courses toward the JLPT1 (starting from 0) have one year programs. And you`d be surprised just how much someone can remember when they`re in an intensive course, with 8 hours of class a day. Even if you were unable to pass the JLPT1 at the end of a year, you would definitely know enough Japanese to be able to find a normal job while continuing your studies. At the very least, you`d also know enough Japanese to know exactly how to go about studying for the exam yourself back in your home country.

I can`t say that those types of courses are the best way to learn Japanese - most students end up with stilted and poor speaking skills until they get out into the real world - it is a definite start. In the end, of course, it all boils down to the student`s personal determination and learning style.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.