View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kunitokotachi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-16-2008, 10:14 PM

I'm not trying to be negative at all. I just don't know how realistic it is to obtain the level of Japanese necessary to pass the entrance exam for a Japanese university within the span of only 4 years. Even if you spoke every single day. A lot of my Japanese friends weren't even able to pass that exam. I have a friend now who told me all the studying he did for that test. He had to study various subjects such as Japanese history, etc. I forget what else. I'll ask him again for you.

Haven't you considered going to college where you live? let's say you enter college at 18 then get your bachelor's degree by the time you are 22 or 23. You could get a master's degree by the time you are 25 or 26 and then go for your doctorate. You would be maybe 28 or 29 by this time and able to get a well paying job. Let's say you eventually make $75,000 dollars plus every year. You can live a very comfortable life. I think this is more realistic than spending the time and resources to get into a top 3 Japanese university.

I would love to see where your Japanese is in 4 years. You should ask MMM how much studying and how long it took him to be able to become a translator. I'm not sure if he took that entrance exam or not but you should ask.

宣告されてから弁論しても手遅れである。