Thread: hide
View Single Post
(#123 (permalink))
Old
GothicDollypop (Offline)
New to JF

03-05-2008, 12:22 PM

hide is one of my idols and to me the fans that believe his death a suicide are hardly fans at all.

His best friend Yoshiki believes it (or did at least) to be an accident and he alone knew him best. hide did have a troubled childhood but he was over-all a cheerful person. True, his fans loved him more than he loved himself but his death WAS an accident. He was simply too drunk and fell asleep while he was trying to ease his neck pain (which he often got) and got hung. The band members of X-Japan were also known to wrap towels around their necks like that. He missed being in X and started drinking even more heavily after they split up and until today I don't think Yoshiki even forgives himself. He feels it was partly his fault Hide died, because of X's breaking up mostly I guess.

When you think about it, if he really killed himself, why did he do so in that way? He couldn't quickly slit his wrists, jumped out the building, et cetera.

I guess maybe I just don't want to believe that his death was suicide but even if it was, he was INTOXICATED and people don't think clearly in that state. He was left in the room alone because he was out cold so even if he regained consciousness, he obviously wasn't in his right head yet anyway so either way, it wasn't his fault and his death is definitely something to be mourned. A friend of mine went to Japan December of last year (2007) and she said music stores, et cetera, still celebrate his birthday and mourn his death day.

~