View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sanchome (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Hime Gyaru Pictures - 03-05-2008, 02:26 PM

Lately, I have noticed more girls in Harajuku whose fashion style is a cross between Lolita and Japanese Gyaru. I was talking to someone about this and they told me that these girls are Hime Gyaru fashion style. I am not sure why there seem to be more of them recently in Harajuku - if this style is getting more popular or some other reason - but I thought it was interesting. Here are some pictures and video that I think are Hime Gyaru girls on the bridge:

Hime Gyaru style girl:

Another picture of the Hime Gyaru above:

Maybe a Hime Gyaru on the left?

Is the girl in this picture Lolita or Hime Gyaru style?

If these girls picture posted above aren't Hime Gyaru fashion, please let me know what style their clothing and makeup is!

And a video of Japanese Hime Gyaru girls from You Tube:

Those are not my pictures in the video posted above.

What are the main fashion clothing brands associated with Hime Gyaru? I want to make sure I understand the difference between the Japanese pretty (non-gothic) lolitas and the Hime Gyaru girls as some of them seem to be quite similar. Also, I guess the Hime Gyaru traits are extremely styled blonde or light colored hair, light clothing, bows, and a lot of makeup? So maybe the girl in the picture above who is wearing a pink mini-skirt is not Hime Gyaru, just Gyaru?

I will try to post more pictures of these style girls when I see them in Harajuku.