View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

03-06-2008, 12:39 AM

i was in shock for a second there as i thought each line was a new sentence. so the line that said : "Yasuo Fukuda has fatally shot himself in the head in front of Japan's parliament building, police say" freaked me out for a second.

people are going to be angry at me for this but i support the visits to the shrine myself. If the visits are there to honour those who gave their lives for their country and NOT to honour the crimes and awful things done then I don't see a problem with it. Should Japan just forget all those lives lost in it's war because they lost and were the aggressor while other east asian and involved western countries are allowed to remember because they were the victims and liberators?

People make things too political, former Prime Minister Koizumi went to the shrine for personal reasons as well, i believe he had a relative who died in the war and he wanted to honour him.

as i said i support visiting the shrine from the point of honouring those who gave their lives for their country but NOT for the actions they they committed.