View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
cuonglhvt (Offline)
New to JF

03-11-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuonglhvt View Post
Because in my country, it was "the year of boar/pig" until January 6th.
Sorry! I have a mistake here. According to Lunar Calendar, The year of Rat begin on February 7th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
1) Shogatsu is probably the most important holiday on the Japanese calendar, and it is a time for the immediate family to spend time together.
I know that in Japan, they go to Buddhist and Shinto temples in Shogatsu. Similar in Vietnam.
Quote:
2) Traditional food is an important part of Shogatsu, especially as many restaurans remain closed, so these traditions still remain.
Similar in Vietnam. But I think some Vietnamese like to eat Western food and Western drink in "Tết" (Lunar New Year).
Quote:
3) I am not Japanese, so I cannot answer for a Japanese person whether I am happy or not, but finding a balance between the West and the East, between tradition and modern has been one of the traits the Japanese have excelled at for decades. I have never heard a complaint about this specific topic from a Japanese person before.
I regret that you are not Japanese. Can you tell me what forum on the internet where I can discuss with Japanese people about Japanese tradition?

Last edited by cuonglhvt : 03-11-2008 at 08:45 AM.