View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ThuMpeR (Offline)
T'aa hwo' aji t'eego :D

Send a message via MSN to ThuMpeR
Exclamation Anime art tutorial... Enter at own risk! - 03-24-2008, 09:25 PM

Ok, like I said in my art gallery thread, I'll try to explain how I draw up some basic anime characters. Some of these steps are ones that I usually use in order to draw some of my own characters. You might find them useful, or develop your own way of doing your anime art. I don't know lol. Anyhoo, let's get started, shall we? Sorry about the photos, being blurry and all.

Part 1:

1st picture: I start off by drawing a oval shape for the head position and the neck.

2nd picture: I quickly sketch in where I want the eyes and mouth. Keep in mind that the oval shape shouldn't be your final head shape.

3rd picture: Now that I'm satisfied with what I have, I start sketching out the body. Notice that I changed the chin and cheek area. Mold the oval shape till you have a desirable head for your character. As for how I do the shoulders, I use the head and neck for reference points, so that I won't make the shoulders too low or high... or huge like some football player.

4th picture: If you like the size and shape of the head, then you can start sketching in the hair.

5th picture: For the rest of the body, I usually sketch in a nude model, then sketch on the clothing. In this case, a sailor outfit.

Part 2 next post....................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S6302786.JPG (60.9 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg S6302788.JPG (64.1 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg S6302789.JPG (72.9 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg S6302791.JPG (69.7 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg S6302792.JPG (72.6 KB, 143 views)

Last edited by ThuMpeR : 03-24-2008 at 10:10 PM.