View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
girlgamer1984 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-29-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Why did you use so many commas in the first two sentences?
Anywho, the sentence "Her forehead was painted with a Chinese character" would sound a lot better like this: "There was a Chinese character painted on her forehead", since you can not paint with a written symbol, now can you?
"The corner of her lips, were covered with food" mismatching singular/plural form (also i do not see the point of using comma in this sentence). So it should look like this: "The corners of her lips were covered with food" (I do not know if both the corners are dirty, or just one, since i do not see the picture).
I would also rewrite the last sentence, since it is not too euphonic.
There it is correct now. What do you want to ask now. The last sentense is fine the way it is. If you want to rewrite it for your own liking, then feel free to do so. However, then it will be altered to the way that you write. My perspective will be erased from my writing.

Mismatching singular/plural forms? What on earth are you talking about? The sentence is slightly ambiguous, but it is by no means incorrect. When you talk about the lips, then you do use s at the end, unless you want to give some other details about the upper lip or lower lip etc. Otherwise, this is the way it goes. I think you need to be more clear about pointing errors, becaue they were quite vague.

Light today has dawned on my wooden head.