View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

04-18-2008, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
As much as it frustrates me to have to say this.... Especially as most of the things people on here are trying to get away from are incredibly shallow and childish (A reoccurring theme of; Parents who interfere in your life - Who care enough to give you limits that you don`t like? Or the all encompassing "I wish my life were like an anime!")

Yes, you can. I didn`t do an exchange, nor had I graduated from university. Multiple things fell into place in very lucky ways, and I ended up living here from 17 with some hopping due to visa issues in the beginning. To say that it isn`t possible would sort of be negating my own life experience.

But that doesn`t mean I support idiocy - which a *13* year old deciding their life sucks and wanting to make the leap to Japan is. Unless your parents are selling you on the street to buy drugs, your life is NOT that bad. I`m going to guess that they were even nice enough buy you a computer.

Lack of rules, limits, and freedom is NOT as good as it sounds. Trust me. It may sound cool to "do whatever you want" without parental interference... It isn`t. It means that your parents don`t care at all what happens to you.
I do know that it is certainly POSSIBLE to do so, and I did read your story in the stickied thread you have, and there's a reason why I tell people like the OP that they can't go to Japan.

I, just like you, don't think its a good idea to encourage people to just run off to Japan, which is why I usually tell people that they can't live in Japan unless they follow the proper steps (education, japanese language proficiency, getting a real job, etc). It's not worth setting people up for a huge disappointment, or even worse, something stupid like overstaying their visa and getting booted out of the country.

A lot of my posts on this forum are in regards to people trying to live in Japan. My goal is to show people the steps they need to take to truly LIVE in Japan, and not just run off there because they want to.

郷に入っては郷に従え