View Single Post
(#51 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-23-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nao View Post
Sorry that you seem to misunderstand, but I don't have much in the way of laid out plans. I'm a relatively laid back individual. I'm only worrying about a few things - getting there, getting back, having a place to crash, and having nothing go wrong financially/physically while I'm there. Other than that, I'm just taking some essential information along (Embassy locations, bank locations, transportation information, etc). The rest I'm leaving up to chance. I have no carefully planned itinerary; I don't like that sort of thing. I can't have fun if I have to get up to meet some goal every day. I'm just going to chill and go with the flow. However, it's hard reality that I will have to watch my budget carefully. If I overspend too much it could mean my going without meals, etc, which would really suck.

I wasn't worried about traveler's insurance throwing off my finances. It's not that expensive. I was just worried about the amount of time it takes to collect on any claims.
I am glad, because a trip like this won't be good for uptight people.

Plane tickets
Hotels booked
Transportation info/embassy info/banks...you can find all that online.

I think the thing you really need to worry about is budget. I always tell people to make your budget and then add 20%