View Single Post
(#23 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-27-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujuncai View Post
Hey, cheer up! I believe your dreams would come true, trust me ! Pssst... tell u smthg, you don't have to learn Japanese to go to Japan. I knows nuts about the language but still managed to pull it off during my 5 days in tokyo. The secret lies in doing research, research and MORE research. Research on the subway lines to take, research on the best places to visit, research on the good eating places and off u go! But still I have to admit... knowing Japanese does get make your traveling around easier (the taxi drivers there noes nothing about english and it can be real frustrating talking to them )

Peace!
I just looked at some of your pictures and I see you have a Fuji gunmetal colored camera. Which model is that? I assume it's an older model from the f series? They're good but they only take xD cards which are expensive and the highest xD card that I see is 2GB but those older f series cameras are still nice with a larger battery that last much longer than any point and shoot camera on the market including the newer f series models. I just bought a gunmetal colored f40fd/f45fd which was sold by a U.S camera shop company by the name of Ritz. They had a $75 mail-in-rebate offer by Fuji when bought through Ritz. I will be using it on my trip to Japan in May and from the reviews it's a great camera that takes great outdoor pics and some nice low light pics as well. A firmware update that was recently released allows you to use a 8GB SDHC card (not sure if it's the maximum) as opposed to a 2GB SD card maximum before the update. I'm glad I bought the Fujifilm f40fd/f45fd because it seems to be a great camera for the right price.

Last edited by GhostBlade : 04-28-2008 at 12:03 AM.