(#22 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-30-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akakage View Post
Just wanted to add my two cents here if yall don't mind. There are other ways to get into Japan without having a 4 degree. You can study in Japan on a student visa, receive a culture visa by studying a form of Japanese culture (for example learning how to create bonsai, studying martial arts, etc...) You can qualify for a skilled labor visa by having 10 or more years experience in a certain field. (This is how I am going to Japan).
The big problem with recommending the skilled labor visa is that they are very rarely granted without having a degree. In fact, almost none of the working visa actually list a 4 year degree as a requirement - it`s not necessarily the legal requirement that we speak of here. In order to get any of the working visas (skilled labor not excluded) you have to have a position lined up. Most employers require certain levels of education. And if they don`t, then there is no reason to look abroad in the first place.
It`s not the visa laws themselves as much as the "finding somewhere to hire you" bit.

The only people I have heard of getting skilled labor visas are those with VERY specialized skills. Specialized skills aren`t really something you can just casually suggest someone do - In the end, it may be easier to just do a 4 year degree than stack up more than 10 years of a skill that requires talent to begin with.

In the end, you`re still going to have to find somewhere that will hire you - and 99 times out of 100, they`ll choose the person with a degree plus experience over the guy with no degree and experience. Even if the law says you are eligible for that visa, without a job placement you can`t even apply.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.