View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-04-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcyk8703 View Post
If you're unsure about your layout and such feel free to ask, pm etc. This is in my field of profession.

One thing to beware of is the non-profit bit. Technically you cannot charge any amount if you are using copyright characters and images unless you create from scratch yourself. This includes screenshots of games, scans of mangas or any material taken off the web as it would be considered copyright infringement.

The only way to make value off for "materials" is to change cost to donation. This would make the megazine a fan based "non-profit" publication. This is how websites that do fansubbing or whatever continue to stay operational, by accepting only donations.
Thank you very much! I am probably going into the Graphic Design field myself, so it would be great to know someone who is actually in there. I'm wavering between Game Design and Graphic Design. At the moment I'm studying, Art, Media, Product Design, and Sociology, so some of them are pretty helpful for the graphical aspect and will get me a place in University if I do well enough.

I see, thank you for that bit of info. I didn't know too much about it, so that's really helpful. I will do donations instead - though it means I couldn't print out actual copies of the magazine [ I couldn't afford to do that ] I could still publish them on the web and leave the donation option available for people who liked my work.