View Single Post
(#57 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-05-2008, 03:20 PM

Aside from several holes in my ears, my piercing background is on other people and teaching.

If you are sure you want it, try it. As mentioned by others, just be sure of the piercer's hygiene and skill. Its one of the safer places to get a piercing. If you decide its not a good as you thought, you can always remove the jewelry and let it heal up. The sooner its left to heal, the faster it will disappear. You may have a small scar where the hole was, but it shouldn't be that noticeable in that area, unless your skin is prone to form keloids (pronounced, swollen scars).

Experimenting somewhere less visible is good in theory, but other than an ear lobe, the effort to care for, risk, and healing rates in those places are higher. I would not agree with the earlier suggestion of a nipple piercing as an experiment.

I also don't recommend with anything to numb the area. The trocar goes through a lip fast enough that the pain will be momentary. All numbing compounds cause swelling (insignificant for this piercing, but not for some others) and topicals are ok but don't really belong inside what is actually an open wound. Some piercers will not allow them to be used.

If you have any more technical questions, PM me.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.