View Single Post
(#49 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-09-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I can tell you now, lots of people hire people like that here. The reason? They can pay them less than anyone living in the country already.
For what kind of job though? QA (my field) is probably one of the fastest growing field now, I too hire people from say India or China to cut the cost down, but still we only look for QUALIFY CANDIDATE, in this case, without the ability to do a reference check (we could, but its not simple), the only thing that I can base my hiring decision on is the candidate's academic achievements.

When you say game design, you are referring to graphic design right? There are a lot of things involve in a game, the base engine (which probably require a background in computer science or computer engineering), the story, the character, the graphics....... I am sure specific areas will be of interest to Japanese game developer, however, if you do research game developers in Japan work long hours. The people that did final fantasy have to put sleeping bags under their desk to sleep there. So be prepare for it if you planned to become a game developer in Japan